Skincare can be tricky. With so many products to choose from, you’ve probably wondered what’s best for your daughter! We’re making it easier for our #SparkleMoms with kid-friendly skincare tips. Here are 5 things to teach your daughter when it comes to her first skincare routine.
1. Cleanse the Day Away!
The first thing to teach your daughter is how to wash her face every morning and every night before bedtime. Kids tend to touch their faces throughout the day. This can cause a buildup of dirt and bacteria on their skin. That’s why we like to recommend our 9021-GLOW! Fresh Start Cleanser to help wash those gross germs away! Pediatrician-approved for sensitive skin types, this gentle face cleanser is specifically formulated for kids, tweens, and teens. And with an added anti-pollution complex, it also helps protect your kid’s skin from environmental pollution. So after a long day outside, it’s essential for your kids to cleanse the day away!
2. Know Your Skincare Ingredients
Some skincare products are filled with harsh ingredients like sulfates, parabens, and phthalates. These ingredients are known to irritate young, sensitive skin. We advise our #SparkleMoms to keep an eye out for these 3 harmful ingredients when purchasing beauty products for their kids. At Petite n’ Pretty Headquarters, we do all the triple checking for you! We make sure that all of our products are kid-friendly and free of sulfates, parabens, and phthalates. We even make sure that all of our products are nut-free. We take our skincare ingredients seriously!
3. Never Sleep In Makeup
If your daughter loves to play with makeup, encourage her to remove it before bedtime. Sleeping with makeup may cause breakouts and irritation on the skin. To combat this, we love using our My Stellar Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes to gently remove any residue. We love a sparkly makeup look. But we also love a fresh, clean face before a good night’s sleep!
4. Keep The Routine Short & Sweet
No need for complicated serums here - we like to keep our kids’ skincare routines short and sweet! The trick to building a healthy routine for your little one is to keep it fun and simple. To get your daughter started on the perfect routine, we recommend our Selfie-Ready Skincare Set. This skincare set includes all of the essential products a kid will need! Here’s our step-by-step kid-friendly skincare routine:
- If your daughter likes to play with makeup, introduce her to the My Stellar Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes.
- Once makeup is removed, gently cleanse the face with our 9021-GLOW! Fresh Start Cleanser by massaging a dime-sized amount onto damp skin. This step is extra fun because our cleanser foams and bubbles up! Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Once the skin is squeaky clean, apply our 9021-GLOW! Fresh Start Moisturizer. With an added anti-blue light & anti-pollution complex, this kid-friendly face moisturizer helps protect and hydrate the skin.
- And lastly, we recommend an SPF product in the morning. This is an essential step, especially if you and your family plan to be out in the sun!
5. Keep A Travel Bag Ready
No matter where you are, we encourage everyone to maintain a daily skincare routine! That’s why we like to have a travel set packed and ready for road trips, vacations, and even sleepovers. We recommend our Get Up and Glow Travel Skincare Set that includes a handy travel bag to carry all your kid’s beauty products. Ready to teach your daughter about the wonders of skincare? Let us know! Tag us at @petitenpretty and share how you and your daughter enjoy skincare time together!